Finding a comfortable and perfect fit basketball shoe when you have wide feet can be somehow challenging. But thankfully, compared to finding the right fit in other types of sports shoes, basketball is a sport where there is a large number of players having rather large feet. However, it does require some prior knowledge and understanding of what exactly shoes to look for. With this below list, you will know the best basketball shoes for wide feet.
Finding comfortable and perfect fitting shoes is very critical to boost your performance and prevent severe injuries
Best basketball shoes for wide feet 2021
1. Beita High Upper Basketball Shoes Sneakers
One of the best basketball shoes for wide feet 2021 is Beita High Upper Basketball Shoes Sneakers. After 30-year establishment, BEITA provides the best sneakers that deliver comfort, beauty, and fashion. With synthetic full-length upper and molded shield, these Beita basketball shoes effectively protect your ankle and improve solid performance.
Related: The best basketball shoes
Its better structure will support and lock your wide feet in the right place to avoid severe injury as much as possible. A breathable design with an air circulation system inside the shoe increases the ventilation to make sure that you always feel dry and comfortable during the game.
Moreover, Beita High Upper Basketball Shoes Sneakers have anti-skid wear-resistant and mesh soles with good traction patterns that deliver torsional rigidity and lateral movement while moving on the court. This BEITA sneaker has the most prominent features and delivers a comfortable, lightweight, and trend basketball boost.
- Support and lock foot in the right place.
- Efficiently protect the ankle from injury.
- Breathable and lightweight shoes.
- Rubber mesh soles in net shape provide strong ground holding.
- Durable and wear-resistant, anti-skid.
- Venting holes in the shoes promote air circulation.
- Stylish design made with high-quality materials.
- Do not have a huge variety of sizes.
2. Adidas Men’s Ownthegame Wide Basketball Shoe
This Adidas Men’s Ownthegame Wide Basketball Shoe is the best companion for you to win the game. It looks like Adidas has made some efforts to deliver shoes with a softer insole and outsole in order to make the cushion heavier while accommodating wide feet shoes. A mid-top design provides maximum support and minimizes unnecessary weight on shoes.
Related: Top 5 best low top basketball shoes
The synthetic leather mesh upper with TPU details delivers a pretty decent lockdown and lateral support during the game. With a traditional lace design, you do not need to learn a new way to secure your shoes. Moreover, Adidas Men’s Ownthegame Wide Basketball Shoe has cloudfoam footbed with support qualities to provide maximum freshness and hygiene. The special feature is that it has a durable Adiwear outsole to provide dual-zone traction.
- Have a wide fit and superior cloudfoam footbed for comfort.
- Durable and budget-friendly.
- Integrate durable Adiwear outsole to provide dual-zone traction.
- Deliver freshness and hygiene.
- Mid-top design to maximize support while maintaining a lightweight.
- Traditional lace shoe design.
- A mid-top design to maximize support while minimizing unnecessary weight.
- Have synthetic mesh weave upper for lateral support qualities.
- Traditional lace design so you don’t have to re-learn a new way of securing your shoe
- These are hard soled and do not breathe well at all.
3. Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe
The Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe is made of textile and synthetic upper. The soft and flexible materials allow space for wide feet to easily fit comfortably in. The upper material is very breathable and has good air ventilation. The midsole cushioning of this Adidas shoe is lightweight and molds to your feet. Regardless of the size or width of your feet, the soft cushioning gives a more comfortable fit when you slide in.
The flexibility of the midsole makes Adidas Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball is one of the best shoes for wide feet basketball. This allows you to easily move on the court without feeling constricted. Moreover, the midsole gives a bouncy feel and minimizes the impact of hard landings.
The heel area in the shoes is cushioned and delivers a good amount of space for basketball players with wider feet. The rubber outsole is wide and thick and has great traction. This pair has a modern and trendy design but also has retained a classic Adidas look.
- Air mesh tongue and.
- Have a cloudfoam sock liner and cushioning midsole.
- Deliver great traction and be very grippy on the courts.
- The upper material is breathable and allows for air ventilation.
- Have a modern design but retain classic Adidas look.
- The heel area is cushioned.
- Integrate back pull to support wide feet easily to slide in.
- Take some time to break-in.
4. Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker, Medium
The Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker is made of perforated mesh for increased breathability. This can also accommodate wide feet. The durable leather and the mesh tongue aids overlays to lock in your midfoot during the fierce match. The EVA sock liners deliver soft and step-in comfort.
The best feature of these top basketball shoes for players with wide feet is that it integrates solid rubber outsole to cover high impact zones for better durability. The half-bootie in this shoe gives a glove-like feel for basketball players, even to wider feet. Moreover, The Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker has a one-piece Micro G foam midsole to deliver ultimate comfort.
With the HOVR technology, this basketball shoe increases the support for your jumping, running, or even making a sudden stop and pop. Stability is one of the most important factors for wide feet. The TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane plastic) material in the midsole of Under Armour increases your stability when in motion. The thick rubber outsole combined with the midsole delivers a high level of shock absorption.
Under Armour Men’s Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker is a solid and sturdy pair of basketball shoes that are appropriate for wide feet.
- Synthetic sole and shaft.
- Engineered upper for wide feet.
- Modified herringbone traction pattern.
- Especially fit for players need a balance of flexibility and cushioning.
- 4E sizing to a proper fit.
- Have supportive foam with a soft layer to deliver comfortability.
- Durable leather helps to lock your foot.
- Lightweight, only 258 grams.
- The lace eyelets look somehow flimsy.
5. Nike Men’s Lebron Soldier XIII SFG Basketball Shoes
Lebron collaborated with Nike and designed some new items of good basketball shoes for players with wide feet. One of the highest quality shoes is Nike Lebron Soldier XIII SFG. The maze traction pattern on this pair of shoes makes sure that players are always in control during the game. On the other hand, the wide grooves do not make dust stick on the shoes.
The Lebron Soldỉe XIII SFG basketball shoes pack the zoom air setup for perfect traction like most Nike designs. It absorbs the high impact from jumps effectively. In addition, This Nike zoom offers a better court feel and may be a better fit. Compared to other wide feet basketball shoes, the XIII SFG fits the broader feet.
Moreover, this Nike zoom also has a variant of sizes and a variety of color schemes available. Therefore, from kids to adults, every player can grab a pair of Nike Men’s Lebron Soldier XIII SFG.
- High-top silhouette for better support.
- Dual straps and pull tap tightening to lock your feet securely
- Lightweight and quite versatile
- Zoom air and foam sole make a major lift
- Protects wide feet by taking care of high impacts.
- Have a herringbone tread pattern to deliver grips on multiple surfaces.
- No chance of slipping.
- Have a variety of color schemes and sizes.
- High price.
- The outsole rubber may wear out quickly.
6. Adidas D Lillard 3 Mens Basketball Sneakers/Shoes
When it comes to the best basketball shoes for wide flat feet, that would be a miss not to mention Adidas D Lillard 3 Mens Basketball Sneakers. The traction works perfectly well on the clean courts. However, the translucent rubber may be a little too slippery on the dusty ground.
With the rim-rattling dunks, Adidas Damien Lillard floats above the hardwood. The responsive and full-length bounce midsole offers a great balance of responsiveness and maximum protection. An Adidas synthetic upper provides a proper fit and feel during the whole game. Moreover, the materials are super comfortable, breathable, and very supportive. Bounce provides energized comfort for all day. The lace loop system is designed for enhanced lockdown. This is a great pair of shoes, especially at a very affordable price.
- Very responsive cushioning.
- Deliver comfortability and stability.
- Have a very affordable price, only $95.
- Adidas synthetic upper provides a premium fit and feel.
- Breathable and flexible upper.
- Lace loop design for enhanced lockdown.
- Molded heel cap and eyestay.
- Slippery on dusty courts.
- Have a little dead space in the toe area.
7. 3N2 Reaction Referee Basketball Shoe
This pair of 3N2 Reaction Referee is also on the list of top shoes for players with wide feet. The high-performance basketball with a non-marking outsole is perfect for indoor sports such as basketball. Wear-resistant genuine patent leather is designed for better comfort and durability. Moreover, you could easily polish the leather upper of the 3N2 Reaction Referee shoe to keep it look sharp.
It features a lightweight, compression-molded EVA midsole so that it makes you comfortable and free while reducing knee and joint stress with prolonged standing. If you have wide feet, you should purchase a ½ size larger than the shoes you typically wear.
The low-profile and non-marking outsole is specially built for indoor sports such as basketball. Its memory foam insole and midsole in the shoes keep referees stay, even during the fiercest match when gliding back and forth.
- Have rubber sole and patent genuine leather upper
- Integrate multi-direction traction sole.
- Wear-resistant with polished 100% patent leather
- Comfortable and durable
- Compression-molded EVA midsole reduces the stress for knee and joint
- Low – profile and flat bottom is built
- Memory foam insole and midsole
- Not a variety of color available
8. Nike Air Jordan 35 XXX5 Center of Gravity 2020 DC1492-001 US Size
The Nike Air Jordan 35 XXX5 Center of Gravity is called “god-levels” especially on a solid rubber pair. The sole delivers excellent traction on both indoor and outdoor courts. The material and support on these best Nike basketball shoes for wide feet are incredible. As the phylon used in the forefoot of two shoes is not the same, it makes these Nikes much bouncier than others. Moreover, you could easily break into the shoes.
The cushioning absorbs the high impact from jumps as well as provides better comfort for your wide feet. The memory foam foot-bed in Air Jordan 35 XXX5 Center of Gravity combined with Zoom works well to deliver protection and bounce. This pair of basketball shoes are true to their size. Therefore, those with wide feet find it great because it fits properly. Another advantage is that Nike got all sizes from kids to adults.
All in all, Air Jordan 35 XXX5 Center of Gravity is one of the best shoes, especially if you are a heavier player looking for a perfect fit and comfortable shoe.
- Insanely comfortable cushioning.
- Made of premium upper materials.
- Deliver good, steady traction for both indoors and outdoors.
- World-level cushioning combined with a great rear Air Jordan unit and full-length Zoom setup.
- Solid support, especially in the heel and midfoot area.
- Superb traction and exceptional impact protection.
- Eye-catchy and modern design.
- Have a high price, ranging from 240 USD to 370 USD.
9. Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro VI
If you are looking for the best basketball shoes for wide feet 2021 that can handle your first step, Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro VI is no less than a perfect match. Made of all rubber form, this shoes The Visi Pro VI delivers a sleek and supportive upper to keep you always comfortable when playing on the court.
Visi Pro VI is composed of balanced synthetic leather and a collar to offer you the perfect comfort playing basketball just like a professional. The exclusive Tri-Vis zoom air in the sneakers provides immense protection when you land from a high jump. So that you could not get injuries to your joints and ankles.
Moreover, a phylon-based middle sole offers a lightweight cushion to give you a comfortable feel and remain intact with no chance of slipping even for an inch.
- All rubber made!
- Apply Tri-Vis technology to apply air sole.
- Perfect fit on wider feet.
- Best ankle support.
- Deliver a sleek and supportive upper.
- Well-cushioned ride to keep you dry and comfortable on the court.
- Integrate balanced synthetic leather and the collar to offer immense comfort.
- Have a phylon-based middle sole to keep a lightweight cushion.
- May feel hard when wearing sneakers for the first time.
10. Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe
Adidas has not yet disappointed patrons with Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe. This basketball shoe for wide footers is attractive by its nice design and classic look. Some are impressed by its exceptional fit and perfect comfortability.
Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid is made of high-quality material which is durable, stylish. The colorways in this Adidas are great for casual wear and for playing basketball games. Adidas Men’s Hoops 2.0 Mid Basketball Shoe is one of the top-rated basketball shoes for players with wide flat feet because it boasts of comfort, design, and durability all at an affordable price. These mid-top sneakers are also perfect for long walks or easily pair off with any casual outfit in the closet.
- Sole is made of rubber to deliver perfect comfortability.
- Attractive with nice design and classic Adidas look.
- Deliver comfortability, especially for long walks.
- Offer exceptional fit for wide-feet athletes.
- High-quality mid-top sneakers.
- Some are impressed with the personalized-writing on the side.
- Durable, stylish, and perfectly comfortable.
- The colorways available are great for casual wear.
- Some have grumbled inside the basketball shoes near the toes curl.
- Feel painful when the mid-top sneakers are bent.
11. Nike Unisex-Adult Precision III Basketball Shoe
One of the best Nike basketball shoes in accordance with price and performance is Unisex-Adult Precision III. This all-purpose mid-top shoe offers a comfortable feel of cushioning and containment. The traction is superb and has a hard bite that does not need any wiping. Its lightweight midsole team up for your soft steps and quick cuts.
Wearing Unisex-Adult Precision III Basketball Shoes requires little break-in-time. This pair of sneakers are comfortable, responsive, and stylish that can be used for both work and play. Moreover, the cushioning looks responsive and has a good amount of bounce. Do not be surprised if these shoes creep to the top of your rotation and boost your performance in the game.
These basketball shoes are very affordable and look good. The third iteration of this Nike Unisex-Adult Precision III fits true to size.
- Made of a rubber sole.
- Mid-top design combines with the padded collar delivers super comfort.
- Integrate engineered quarter panel and more eyelets to enhance the immense fit.
- Multi-directional traction promotes rotational motion.
- Easy-to-wear with lace-up closure type.
- All-purpose mid-top delivers enhanced comfortability and containment.
- Lightweight midsole for soft steps and quick cuts.
- Additional eyelets for enhanced fit.
- Have resilient foam midsole and dual-pivot circles.
- These Nike basketball shoes are a little too tight.
- The materials look cheap.
- The upper is not that strong and supportive.
Buying basketball shoes for wide footer
How to find the best shoes for wide feet?
When finding the best basketball shoes for wide feet, you need to check for thickness. The shoes must be comfortably and properly thick in order not to hamper lateral movements. The traction design in shoes must have a high impact on mobility, flexibility, and performance when moving around the court.
Furthermore, good traction helps reduce the risk of skidding and wringing of players’ knees and ankles. The grip must be durable, therefore players do not slip and injure themselves in playing, especially in fierce matches.
When it comes to choosing shoes for players with wide footers, the material is an important factor. A good pair of shoes must deliver breathability and allow air to circulate. It must also be easy on the feet and flexible without succumbing to wear so that the material should resist impact.
Made of the highest quality material, the best shoes delivers flexibility and comfortability during the whole
Moreover, the best shoes with high-quality material should feel flexible to provide a comfortable and proper fit. It also needs to be sufficiently light so that players can move around the court feel comfortable – be it running, jumping, and passing to a basketball game.
Basketball is a fierce game that players could feel a lot of high impact because of intensive and rigorous movement. Therefore, the best basketball shoes for wide flat feet must have proper cushioning and absorb the impact when moving on the ground.
In this way, players do not feel uncomfortable during the game and severe injuries are well prevented. Furthermore, the cushioning system in basketball shoes must also be equipped with great arch support and bounce to resist impact.
The ankle support is another important factor to consider when choosing the right pair of shoes. Basketball players tend to have severe ankle injuries as this sport requires fast jumping. It should have a padded collar inside the soles to support the ankles while you are making sharp and sudden movements.
Ankle support is an important factor that helps the player to prevent severe injuries
The materials used in its upper are very critical for the top basketball shoes. If the shoes are made of leather material, they might not deliver good ventilation because this material does not have natural breathable properties. Best shoes for wide feet basketball with a mesh upper may be better when it comes to ventilation as it allows air to circulate. This helps you always dry and boost your performance.
Best NBA players with signature basketball shoes
The best signature basketball shoes are typically only reserved for the top class in the NBA games. Some NBA players have had success turning themselves into the sneakers behind their iconic brands. Below is the running list of some best active players who have signature shoes.
Nike has collaborated with LeBron James to hit the market with Nike LeBron 17
LeBron James is a four-time MVP and a three-time NBA Champion. He is known as the consensus-best basketball player in the world and has been on the biggest stage eight times during his career. His ideal basketball shoes are Nike LeBron 17 and the Adidas Sole Collector. With the help of these two best shoes, it boosts his great performance on the court.
It goes without saying why has always become one of the league’s most marketable players. He has earned four All-Star appearances in six-year, an Olympic gold medal, and an NBA championship. His flashy handle and the ability to score during the game make him the greatest shot in NBA history. His signature shoe is with Nike, particularly Irving’s Kyrie 4. He had been the second best-selling signature shoe with his logo on the tongue.
Kevin Durant’s signature basketball shoes associated with Under Armour
Kevin has just won his first NBA title. However, he is always one of the league’s best athletes. He has a four-time scoring champion and an MVP. Durant signed a 10-year contract with Under Armour, Kevin’s signature shoe is Men’s Micro G Assert 7 Sneaker. It takes on Durant’s personality as a long-lanky low-top shoe combined with zoom padding in its soles for an enhanced boost.
Lillard has made the All-NBA squad twice in his 5-year career and had one of the best shots in playoff history against the team Rockets. Lillard signed a 10-year deal with classic brand Adidas. And his signature shoe is Adidas Dame 4. It is a mid-top shoe with signature Adidas Bounce cushioning inside its soles.
With two All-NBA squads, Lillard has signed a deal with Adidas.
Thompson is one of the brilliant three-point shooters in basketball has ever seen. He has a three-time All-Star and a key cog at one of the greatest games of all time. Klay is kind of funny and adorable for animals, especially for dogs. Thompson signed a 10-year extension deal with Anta, a China-based sports brand.
His signature shoe is a high top with a knitted upper and secured by a large strap on the collar. Moreover, Anta shoes have a thick outsole for easy movement. With this pair of top-rated basketball shoes that snug fit wide feet, your performance will be teamed up.
Frequently Answered Questions
How to clean the basketball shoes made of synthetic leather mesh?
You should use a clean and moist piece of cloth or wet tissue to wipe the shoes. Then, this sportswear must be cleaned with a soft-bristled specialized brush for shoes or even a toothbrush. This helps to remove the dirt sticking on the surface of the shoes.
To keep your shoes sharp and work well, you should clearly know how to clean basketball shoes?
Once cleaning, you must dip the shoes into warm water with mixed detergent and rinse the shoes thoroughly so that the insoles are dried. Rinse and remove excess soap and dry the basketball shoes by exposing them to air at room temperature. Please be noted that do not dry the shoes by heat such as a hairdryer.
How does the weight of basketball shoes impact the game for players with wide feet?
When the player does warm-up sessions, he can wear heavy shoes because they need to force muscles and cardiovascular systems to play harder. Heavy shoes could also be used while practicing. However, during the game, players must always wear lightweight shoes. This helps to boost their performance and great traction, to move easily on the ground.
How to stretch basketball shoes to wide feet?
Easily, you can wear thick socks and tie up the lace shoes. Once wearing it for a while, if you feel tightness in some areas, you can blow-dry this part in order to make it loosen up.
With the list of top 8 best basketball shoes for wide feet, hope that you could get your answer. Make sure the shoes have the best support for your ankles. The best sneakers should deliver comfortability, flexibility and perfectly prevent severe injuries. Or if you are still struggling to choose the right pair of shoes, try to follow the buying guide and choose by yourself.