Roughly half the football match plays its games on an artificial surface. Wearing football cleats that fit properly and provides plenty of traction helps players avoid injuries and perform their best. But with many cleats on the market, it is very tough to find the right ones that meet your needs. Here are the best football cleats for artificial turf from famous brands.
Best football cleats for artificial turf
Adidas Men’s Nemeziz 19.3 Turf Boots
Designed especially for soccer cleats, Adidas Men’s Nemeziz 19.3 helps you to rip up the pitch and carry your team to victory. These cleats are made with a soft mesh upper with a mid cut design that offers support and responsive touch. While the rubber studded outsole is best to wave your magic on synthetic grass ground. Your ankle is protected better through every twist and turn.
- Soft synthetic upper delivers superior comfort.
- Mid-cut design in the ankle for improved fit and responsive touch.
- Full-length EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) in-shoe for premium cushioning.
- Rubber sole in the forefoot and heel.
- Create the divider interface on the artificial turf pitches.
- Lace closer.
- The shaft measures roughly 6 to 12 inches from the arch.
- Boot opening measures approximately from 0 to 3 inches around.
- Agility mesh upper for better ball control.
- Touch wise, however, they are a bit clunky.
- This pair of cleats is a little heavier than other shoes.
- The studs are a bit higher.
Adidas Men’s Copa 19.3 Turf
Bringing in a high fashion and excellent value for money, Adidas Men’s Copa 19.3 Turf cleat exploded the market when it was released by delivering superior comfort and control. These Adidas best cleats for turf football are made for touch with the soft leather upper that helps you move comfortably on artificial surfaces. The lace-up closure with blind eyelets keeps a mono-tongue construction.
- Durable synthetic leather for improved ball control.
- Made with a prime mesh collar ensures comfort around the ankles.
- Lace-up closure shoes with mono-tongue construction and blind eyelets allow for fit properly.
- Breathable textile lining and cushioned insole deliver a great in-shoe feel.
- The TPU-injected outsole is specifically designed for high speed and stability.
- The EVA, an effective shock absorbent material, makes up the midsole of cleats.
- A lightweight pair of cleats.
- Offer lots of good feel and flexibility and good traction for turf.
- Reasonably priced.
- This shoe lacks thereof and conventional tongue lace construction that makes it more difficult to get the cleats on and off.
- Sometimes there is a crimp somewhere inside the boot.
Niber Men’s Boys Turf Cleats Athletic
Niber Men’s Boys Turf Cleats Athletic is one of the best football cleats for artificial turf. These boots are well-designed with every premium feature you need to play in a professional football match.
The durable synthetic leather upper is complemented by the proper fit. People are amazed at the comfort and durability of this cleat and impressed by the high-quality material. All in all, Niber Men’s Boys Turf Cleats Athletic offers great performance.
- A combination of rubber sole and synthetic leather upper offers maximum comfort and durability.
- Rubber molded cleats fit for high-intensity football matches.
- These cleats are great to play on artificial grass ground.
- Lightweight and breathable insoles offer low-profile cushioning.
- Help to release sweat and anti-odor.
- Super soft and comfortable.
- Have high performance molded designs and anti-slip outsoles.
- Form-fitting with mesh cover insoles.
- Deliver a comfortable feel and a snug fit
- Enhance high-speed control and stability on firm ground, artificial grass surface and hard ground.
- The price is slightly high.
Adidas Men’s X 19.3 Turf Soccer Shoe
Designed for the most active soccer players on the pitch, the Adidas Men’s X 19.3 Turf Soccer delivers a comfortable fit, breathable and incredible transactions. These Adidas best cleats for football, which have a lightweight mesh upper, push past your limits for game-long comfort and lightning pace. A combination of low-cut collar and foot-hugging fit keep you stable.
- Durable synthetic sole for long match and lightning pace.
- The insoles are removable that you could easily clean the cleats.
- Shaft measures roughly low-top from the arch.
- Designed with low-cut cleats optimized for artificial grass surfaces.
- Lace closure.
- Lightweight mesh upper with claw collar shape delivers stability for your foot.
- EVA midsole provides comfort and lightweight cushioning.
- Great fit to your feet helps to perform your best and enhance the level of the game.
- Excellent price with premium quality.
- After a season, occasionally these shoes want to come off with plenty of lateral movement.
Nike Youth Mercurial Superfly VII Academy Turf
The Nike Mercurial Superfly 7 Academy Turf is complimented as a valuable gem in the Three Stripe’s Arsenal of football cleats. These best cleats are comfortable to wear because they deliver a second-skin-like fit.
Moreover, the specially designed multi-directional model found in the rubber outsole offers plenty of traction for football players. If you are looking for reliable turf cleats at an affordable price, this pair is ideally the one for you. The Nike Mercurial Superfly 7 Academy Turf is one of the best cleats as it delivers plenty of good features.
- This pair is properly fit and comfortable to wear.
- The traction provided by this Nike Mercurial Superfly turf football cleat is great.
- Deliver a great feel for the ball.
- It is one of the best football cleats for artificial turf rated by most of the users.
- The price tag has a budget-friendly range.
- A cushioning lining combines a dynamic fit collar to wrap your foot.
- Provide a second-skin fit.
- Soft and high-quality synthetic material.
- Heel your toe for a high-speed match.
- Rubber outsoles provide multidirectional traction of artificial turf.
- Some players complain that the cleat is challenging to put on.
- Occasionally this shoe does not last very long.
Adidas Men’s Copa 20.4 Turf Boots
The Copa collection for turf football from Adidas is yet to disappoint patrons. Adidas Men’s Copa 20.4 Turf Boots is said to be well-equipped to take your touch and dominate turf pitches. These Adidas cleats are designed to play a professional match on both turf and grass surfaces.
The fans were impressed with the quality of material and control of this cleat at a much lower price than other shoes. Adidas Men’s Copa 20.4 Turf Boots cleats are hard to beat in terms of comfort, quality, and even durability. It has also been considered as a definite bang with its affordable price.
- Deliver comfort according to the majority of its consumers.
- 100% synthetic sole with durable leather upper
- Lace closure
- The shaft measures roughly 6 to 12 inches from arch
- An ideal choice to play with them on both turf and artificial grass surfaces.
- Deliver good control with plenty of grip on the shoes.
- Have a stitched synthetic vamp to keep the ball closer off your foot.
- This Adidas cleat’s price tag belongs to a budget-friendly range.
- Boot opening opens approximately from 0 to 3 inches around.
- There are not plenty of colorways available.
- This cleat does not have a stronger layer to protect around the toe.
Adidas Performance Mundial Team Turf Soccer Cleat
This Adidas cleat is not only impressive in terms of its classic model but also with its comfortability. The classic look delivers a softly cushioning shoe with a no-chafe heel counter and a molded studs outsole. Adidas Performance Mundial Team Turf Soccer Cleat has soft leather that offers a responsive feel while the wedge outsole pattern digs in fixed on hard surfaces.
Lightweight and soft cushioned, this is a cleat to take your football match to the next level. With the above overwhelming reviews for Mundial Team Turf’s benefits are proof that this is certainly one of the best football cleats for artificial turf.
- This is the most comfortable cleat according to several users.
- Several coaches and referees highly recommend this turf shoe for its flexibility and maximum traction.
- Well-designed to play in different weather conditions.
- Provide soft synthetic lining and kangaroo leather upper and traxion outsole.
- Have a classic and original look/
- This turf cleat has minimal break-in time.
- Die-cut EVA insole and wedge midsole with molded studs.
- Lightweight and cushioned keep your foot on turf and firm surfaces.
- Delivers superior control and responsive feel.
- A couple of reviewers stated this Adidas cleat feels slippery.
- These turf cleats are too narrow, that it may not be ideal for those users with wide feet.
Adidas Men’s Goletto Vi Turf Football Cleats
The Adidas Men’s Goletto Vi Turf Football Cleats proves to be one reliable cleat on the soccer field. These Adidas shoes tick the boxes for its style, comfort, and price. You do not have to worry about the price because this pair has a budget-friendly range and delivers good value for your money.
Wearing the best cleats for turf football adds speed to your game efficiently. Designed with a classic look, Adidas Men’s Goletto Vi Turf features a lightweight and durable synthetic upper for maximum comfort. This pair delivers stability and high speed on turf surfaces.
- Rubber sole and durable synthetic leather upper for comfort.
- Designed with a classic look and made for stability and high speed on turf.
- Deliver a comfortable feel and proper fit to the foot.
- Move with excellent traction in all directions on both hard surfaces and turf as well.
- Have affordable prices and bring good value for money.
- This shoe has a good ball touch and keeps the ball closer to your foot.
- Made of high-quality material with short-bladed synthetic fiber.
- Soft textile with cushioned lining for comfort.
- This pair of cleats have a sizing issue. Some say that this shoe is approximately a half size to a full size smaller.
- After a few playing seasons, the sole is separating from the shoes.
Adidas Kids’ Copa 19.4 Turf Football Cleats
On the list of top 10 best cleats, The Adidas Kids’ Copa 19.4 Turf Football Cleats delivers the special features. It has a comfortable and stylish look. Every fleeting touch with this pair of turf cleats leaves a lasting impression. With the combination of 100% synthetic sole and leather upper on these junior’s shoes offer flexibility and durability for the game.
Additionally, these Adidas best cleats for artificial turf surfaces have a stitched vamp that is designed to keep the ball slipping off your foot. For players on a low budget but are looking for a decent pair, this pair might be a good choice.
- The most prevailing feedback for Adidas Kids’ Copa 19.4 Turf Football Cleats is about comfortable fit.
- 100% synthetic rubber sole and leather upper for durability.
- This is junior’s soccer cleats designed for artificial turf.
- Stitched vamp to avoid slippage during the match.
- Have a stylish and great overall look.
- Offer high-quality shoes at an affordable price for your pocket.
- Have anti-abrasion rubber outsole
- Deliver cushioned sensation, snug stabilization, and steady traction.
- This cleat is too tight for the toe, discomforting several customers.
- Provide decent traction and experience in turf pitches.
Adidas Turf Predator 19.3 Unisex
The Predator collection from Adidas is not just a shoe. If you are ready to dominate your match to the final whistle, Adidas Turf Predator 19.3 Unisex is ideally the best choice.
Designed for precision on artificial surfaces, these juniors’ football shoes have a supportive synthetic upper that provides a sock-like fit to lock you in for total control. Embossing on the surface keeps the ball closer to your foot that adds confidence when passing, touching, and shooting.
- The mesh-bashed upper of Adidas 19.3 version Predator delivers a proper fit.
- Have shaft measures roughly low-top from arch.
- Bring a comfortable experience for the users.
- Offer an excellent grip.
- This pair of cleats has a unique tongueless design.
- Have a supportive synthetic upper that locks you in total control.
- Lightweight textile yields durability.
- The price is a bit high compared to its quality.
- Design specifically for kids and junior soccer players.
Tips for Picking the best football cleats for grass
With lots of cleats to choose from, finding the right ones could be overwhelming. If you are just starting off, here are some tips and advice for choosing a pair of the best football cleats for grass that suit your needs.
Determine your playing surface
This is clearly the most basic and fundamental step. You need to choose the cleats for the surface that you are playing at, otherwise, you may be in a terrible and nasty injury. Also, you might have some disadvantages in comparison to other football players that have correct pairs of cleats.
Tips to choose the right football cleats based on your playing surface and your playing style
There are 5 main types of playing ground in football, which means that there are 5 different outsoles for you to choose from: firm ground, soft ground, artificial grass, turf, and indoor. For example, playing in a firm ground of natural grass, the FG outsole is the best choice because it penetrates the grass to deliver the right amount of traction.
By contrast, the best football cleats for artificial turf is an AG outsole. This type of cleat is specially designed to play on artificial grass pitches as it has a lot of studs to better dispense the weight along the foot and avoid pressure. Using FG boots, professional players might get stuck in the field, penetrate the surface which results in a painful injury in their knees or ankles.
Get the right size of cleats
Another factor that you need to make research is the size of the cleats. No matter if you are a defender, striker, or lineman, you need cleats that fit properly and deliver traction, support, and comfort. Do not ever buy a pair of cleats just because it looks cool or because your star football-player, Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi endorses them.
No matter if you are playing in a match as a defender or striker, you need the best cleats for turf football that fit properly and deliver comfort and traction
A general tip on getting the right size is to have a ¼ to ½ ich gap between your toes and the top of the cleats. If you have a thumb space, this pair of boots are too big. By contrast, if your toes are pressing against the top side of the boosts, they are too tight to wear. So try a bigger size.
Determine your playing style
When it comes to a football match, each player has a different playing style and a different position. Knowing your style and your position you are playing will determine the types of turf cleats you should look out for.
For instance, if you are strikers or forwarders, it is ideal to have a lighter pair of sports shoes that you could accelerate and change your direction quickly. Or if you are playing as midfielders, you should go for a pair of cleats that deliver better control and comfort. By contrast, your position in a football match is defenders, you should choose the best cleats that offer slightly more protection and control on the ball.
Football cleats are specifically designed for a match on an artificial surface. The best football cleats for artificial turf deliver plenty of traction. A special design and outsole reduces the injury for players and boosts their best performance. Hope that with the top 10 best cleats above from famous brands, you could choose the right pair of sports shoes to up the game.
Why trust Langley Rams
At Langley Rams, we have a team of professional and experienced consultants in football cleats, including Scott Fujita. Fujita has many years of experience working as a player, advisor, and manager for Langleyrams.com. Since 2003, Fujita has achieved a great deal of experience in recommending the best cleats that suit athletes of all ages. To help you stay injury-free and perform best on your game, he suggests getting properly fitted for a pair of cleats and regularly replacing them.